Tablet Diffusion and Its Impact on Video Use – Forecasts and Recommendations
Authors: Bill Niemeyer, Senior Analyst
Premier Members download below or
It’s only been three years since Apple first shipped the iPad, yet in that short time media tablets have become a significant part of the video delivery landscape.
Apple’s success has enlightened the world to the existence of this new market, attracting significant competition. Apple’s competitors in the thin/light tablet market, who continue to gain market share, now include Google, Amazon, and Microsoft. These are large competitors with sizable ambitions for a space that until a few years ago did not exist.
As consumers shift increasing amounts of their video/TV viewing to tablets, new use cases will present new opportunities and challenges for content providers, multichannel operators, and advertisers.
The attached report – Tablet Diffusion and Its Impact on Video Use – Forecasts and Recommendations – will:
- Review the role video plays in the strategies of the key competitors and how this will drive competition in the tablet space;
- Estimate worldwide diffusion for both worldwide and US tablet sales from 2010 – 2017;
- Forecast US total tablet use for video viewing in general and in aggregate for the years 2010 – 2017;
- Suggest strategies for best leveraging the resulting opportunity for TV incumbents (networks, multichannel operators, and television production companies) and online/OTT video enterprises; as well as identifying opportunities for new entrants that can uniquely leverage evolving consumer tablet behaviors; and
- Review tablet’s TV, online video, and OTT advertising and app opportunities.
For further information or questions, please contact Laura Allen Phillips.
To purchase this report, simply click on the ‘Buy Now’ button below. Price: $2,495 US