Video Behavior in the Age of Quantum Media
Consumer Usage of OTT, TV Everywhere, and Other ‘New Video’ Models
As consumers exert greater control over when, where, and on what screen they view professional video, we are reminded of certain core concepts of quantum mechanics; namely, the absence of absolute place or time (due to mobility and time-shifting), and the importance of the observer and their context (the personalization of video experiences). This is why TDG often refers to contemporary video experiences as “quantum” in nature.
This study is an examination of how adult broadband users engage — and prefer to engage — in new digital video services and applications, as well as the platforms that enable them.
Topics Covered in this Research
- Video Platform Ownership and Usage
- Internet Connectivity of TVs
- Computing Platform Ownership and Usage
- Mobile Video Device Ownership and Usage
- Video Viewing Behavior by Conduit (legacy vs. online)
- TV Services Subscriptions Used
- Online Video Viewing Services Used
- Appeal of New Broadband-enabled TV Services
- “TV Everywhere” Appeal
- And many, many other specific topics.
To receive additional information about this project, please complete the form below.